serrico: Screencap of a waving scarecrow from the Doctor Who ep 'Human Nature'. (dwwaves)
[personal profile] serrico
A Hazy Shade of Winter
Source: The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance
Music: The Bangles, 'A Hazy Shade of Winter'
Vid by: [archiveofourown.org profile] JayneL | [personal profile] serrico | [tumblr.com profile] serricoj
Streaming: YouTube
Big Shiny Download: Mediafire
If you want it on AO3: here it is on AO3.

There's a patch of snow on the ground.

Warnings: flashing lights, fast cuts, clip speed changes, graphic violence, slavery, animal harm, restraint/imprisonment, dissections, cruelty, subjugation, murder. You know, muppet-y family show things.


A HAZY SHADE OF WINTER by The Bangles

Time, time, time
See what's become of me

Time, time, time
See what's become of me
While I looked around
For my possibilities
I was so hard to please

Look around
Leaves are brown
And the sky
Is a hazy shade of winter

Hear the salvation army band
Down by the riverside
It's bound to be a better ride
Than what you've got planned
Carry a cup in your hand

Look around
Leaves are brown
And the sky
Is a hazy shade of winter

Hang on to your hopes my friend
That's an easy thing to say
But if your hopes should pass away
Simply pretend
That you can build them again

Look around
Grass is high
Fields are ripe
It's the springtime of my life

Seasons change with the scenery
Weaving time in a tapestry
Won't you stop and remember me?

Look around
Leaves are brown
And the sky
Is a hazy shade of winter

Look around
Leaves are brown
There's a patch of snow
On the ground

Look around
Leaves are brown
There's a patch of snow
On the ground

Look around
Leaves are brown
There's a patch of snow
On the ground



Notes:

--I had the idea for this not long after I first watched the show back in 2019, so it bided its time at the back of my mind for quite a while before I sat down and seriously tried making it. And I'm really, really pleased with how it turned out! I'm quite proud of this one. :)

--I was obsessed with The Dark Crystal movie when I was a kid. Almost thirty years later came this prequel, and it's SO GOOD. The story's compelling, and there's a tonne of neat fantasy worldbuilding and varied and interesting characters all brought to incredible life by the ABSOLUTE WIZARDS at the Jim Henson Company. Do recommend! It's nowhere near as bleak as the vid makes it seem!

(...I mean if you go on to watch the movie afterwards it's kind of bleak. But the movie ends hopefully too! For the record!)

Netflix can, yet again, go fuck itself for cancelling this show before it could tell its whole story.

--I tried, I really did, to keep Rian's verse from saying, basically, that the last drops of his murdered girlfriend's essence had barely been chugged down before he had his head turned by Deet, but, well. That's more or less canon, so. *cough*

Date: 2023-12-13 03:35 am (UTC)
colls: (Default)
From: [personal profile] colls
<333 - this has such great pacing and incredible energy!

Profile

serrico: The Froghammer logo from Slings & Arrows, a capital F and H in a circle.. (Default)
Jayne L.

September 2026

S M T W T F S
  12345
6789101112
13141516171819
20212223242526
27282930   

Page Summary

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Sep. 21st, 2026 07:52 pm
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios